Senior Account Executive
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Anthology has been serving Government and Corporate clients globally for 20+ years. We serve both long-standing and newly formed agencies in their varied missions including Defense, Civilian and Intelligence. Anthology Learn, our premier LMS (learning management system) is the core solution for Corporations of varied sizes and use cases globally.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Meeting and exceeding new sales quotas for designated territory while adhering to sales rules of engagement. Territory will primarily consist of US Government and Corporate accounts, including a base of both long-standing and more recent clients
- Defining and executing territory sales plans
- Ensuring that prospecting is managed as part of a structured, targeted, and measurable process resulting in new prospects being added to the pipeline on a consistent basis
- Managing a sometimes complex, multi-platform solution sale with a 3 to 18 months purchasing cycle through the entire sales process. This includes taking an active role in market research, RFI, RFQ/Ps, and response processes
- Being able to identify, qualify, manage, and close individual sales on short timescales
- Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills. Attending training events throughout the year and participating in self-paced tutorial learning when appropriate
- Being well informed and able to discuss intelligently both current vertical industry and education industry trends
- Being able to navigate a clients often complex procurement process
- Effectively using the forecasting automation tool (Salesforce) to record, manage, and report on all aspects of sales activity and relationships with leads and opportunities, and to provide critical forecasting data to the company
- Preparing written presentations, reports, and price quotations
- Understanding of and ability to leverage channel partners in a multi-tier sales process
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars, and industry/territory conferences
- Maintaining accounts receivables in compliance with objectives
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues, and products
- Effectively and efficiently working with internal resources at appropriate stages in the prospecting and sales cycle; starting initial targeting of prospects, through to final transition to ongoing account management
- Building and leading virtual teams from across the company, building a personal company network, and working within matrix teams
- Making and delivering solution-oriented presentations as well as product demonstrations as needed
- This role requires approximately 50% travel
- University degree or equivalent qualification or experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in consultative selling in an enterprise/solution and/or technical sales environment
- Proven new business development 'hunting' experience with demonstrable consistent on/over quota achievement
- Strong knowledge of the US Federal Government sector with direct experience of selling software and related technology solutions to these markets (selling education and/or training software a distinct advantage)
- Experience operating within a fast paced, multi-disciplined virtual team
- Natural self-starter as the role will be based remotely from a suitable home office
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to evolving priorities and direction
- Highly developed relationship development and management skills
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications; ability to create structured documents, organize, and extract spreadsheet data, create engaging presentations, and work collaboratively online with others in these applications
- Strong knowledge of the distance learning, education/training sector with direct experience of selling software and related technology solutions
- Successful sales experience in US Federal Civilian agencies
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA