Client Support Team Lead
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
Recently combined with Anthology, Blackboard offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about our company and career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Our Client Support team has a proven track record of delivering high quality technical support to our customer base. The Client Support Team Lead will play an integral role in the success of this group.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Generating reports to monitor CSS case load for effective assignment
- Continually monitoring all Learn -L1 Queues and disseminating created cases out of the queue to Tier I personnel based on their skill set on topic and capacity
- Creating Avaya and schedule rotation, which includes weekends
- During the assignment process, reviewing every case for severity, case flow information, and quality of work and documentation. Resolving when feasible or offering advice on next steps where possible
- Assigning mentors to new hires and people who require it. Following up on these mentorships
- Working with the Tier I Team to ensure proper training is ongoing, processes are followed, and the line of communication remains open (the periodicity of this training can be weekly or bi-weekly)
- Preparing and providing the necessary training for new hires to include all areas of knowledge that allow them to carry out their necessary task as Client Support Specialists
- Helping Tier I team on Managed Hosting policies and guidance for resolving issues
- Working with other departments including Sales and Solutions Engineering as needed to escalate issues and resolve them in a timely manner with high quality results
- Automating some operational tasks
- Ensuring exceptional communication takes place at all levels including to clients
- Maintaining and driving strong process and policy adherence. Documenting and updating procedures as needed. Ensuring proper procedures and backup plans are in place to maintain service level agreements
- Maintaining personal technical competency level suitable to clearly understand customer issues and to facilitate effective resolution
- Working the fast-closing cases from our queue efficiently to improve the team metrics
- Meeting all Client Support Specialist KPI’s and updating team’s KPIs
- Keeping an open communication channel with the management team about improvement opportunities for team members
- Generating the upgrade review report twice a week
- Sound understanding of Linux, web-based application technologies, network protocols, system and database administration principles
- Bachelor's degree (or in process of completing degree) in computer science, management information systems or another related field
- Experience managing accounts and handling multiple escalated or critical clients, including the coordination of multiple issues internally or externally
- Extremely quality conscious and ability to pay precise attention to detail in handling, tracking, and documenting technical issues
- Exceptional multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills; ability to effectively prioritize workload with minimal direction
- Strong team player with excellent communication and customer interaction skills
- Excels in Customer Service and understands “Customer First” philosophy
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strong initiative
- Portrays a professional demeanor with the ability to establish and maintain effective business and client relationships
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
We have an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
· Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
· Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
· Benefits in prepaid medicine, dental plan, and wellness allowance
· Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
· Free parking for employees and paid parking for visitors
· Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
· Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
· Sodexo card provided for employees
· Daily budget to spend on beverage vending machines
· Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
· Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.